We never intended our mico-sites to be replacement for a mobile website but rather think of this as a sales tool and they should work in conjunction. Of course at first glance the differences are nuanced but in total we think it makes a big difference. After the feedback from several dealers I thought I would briefly compare/contrast the two to highlight why we are so excited about this new tool.
1) Your mobile website does not have a similar call to action, the coupon. We are using the coupon as something for the salesman to trade the customer for their contact info while on the lot. The coupon is only available to “mobile” shoppers. Good mobile strategy often involves a reward for the customer. Your site does have a “purchase inquiry” button with each listing but it does not promise the shopper anything so there is not much incentive for them to give up their contact info.
2) If a salesman accesses your mobile site to look up vehicle info on the lot they do not have the ability to search by stock number, making it a little clumsy to find the car you want when you have limited time with a guest.
3) Your mobile site does not have the ability to send an e-brochure to a customer on one specific vehicle. Only the ability to send them a link to the website, as you know from your car selling days it is much more powerful when we can isolate the car the customer is interested in.
4) Currently, if a salesman were to send a link for a vehicle to a customer on the lot it would not be recorded in your CRM and alert the sales manager the way it would when you are using our system. That means that currently these “lot only” customers have no way of making it into the CRM for proper follow up.
5) Your mobile website does not have Carfax integration.
6) Your mobile website does not have the ability for a shopper to “like” a car on Facebook to see what their friends think. With us, “Liking” a car on Facebook lets all of your contacts know that you are considering a new car from Lexus of Bellevue. It is a great viral feature and the ultimate social puppy dog close.
When you consider all of the above differences plus the fact that we will send a unique QR code slide for every vehicle you have listed online we think it adds up to a tremendous value.